- 3 cups apples, peeled and sliced (use a good quality baking apple)
- 1 12 cups soft breadcrumbs or 1 12 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 13 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 34 cup water
- Mix apples, one cup bread crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in a buttered baking dish and pour 4 tablespoons melted butter and water over the top.
- Mix remaining crumbs with two tablespoons butter and sprinkle over top.
- Bake about 45 minutes at 350F.