Apple And Nut Stuffed Bacon Chops Recipe
- 25 gm Butter, (1oz)
- 1 sm Onion, minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 50 gm Button mushrooms, sliced (2oz)
- 1 sm Apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 50 gm Fresh breadcrumbs, (2oz)
- 25 gm Minced roasted hazelnuts, (1oz)
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly minced parsley
- 1 x Egg, size 3, beaten Salt and pepper
- 4 x Bacon chops
- 4 Tbsp. Apple juice Watercress to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, 400 F Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms till soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining stuffing ingredients mixing well.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut the bacon chops in half lengthways to create a pocket.
- Divide the stuffing mix into four and use to fill the bacon chops.
- Place in a greased ovenproof dish and pour over the apple juice.
- Cook uncovered in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for 30-35 min.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with the watercress.
- NOTES : A delicious supper dish, ideally served with jacket potatoes and a crisp green salad.