- 2 cups peeled and sliced tart apples (about 4 apples)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 12 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 cup water
- 14 cup milk
- 23 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 12 cup chopped pecans or 12 cup walnuts
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 14 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce butterscotch dry pudding mix, not instant
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl, toss the apples with the flour, brown sugar, water, and milk.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- To make the topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, oats, pecans, butter, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pudding mix.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.