Alice's Key Lime Pie (Diabetic)
- 1 envelope gelatin, unflavored unflavored
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup water boiling
- 9 each sugar substitute 1 gram packets
- 1 each graham cracker pie crust 9 inch
- lime zest
- limes thin, slices
- 1 cup evaporated milk skim
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 each limes juice only
- 2 drops food coloring green
- Sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and let it stand for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water and sweetener to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine milk and vanilla and freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and whip at high speed until stiff.
- Stir lime juice and food coloring into whipped milk.
- (Save remaining 1/2 lime for garnish.)
- Slowly blend gelatin mixture into whipped milk.
- Spoon pie filling into crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with lime zest and lime slices.