Apfelschaum (Apple Mousse) Recipe
- 3 lrg Tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 x Egg whites Grated peel of 2 lemons
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 lt White wine (1 c. plus 1 Tbsp)
- 30 gm Butter (2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Central Swabia
- In the wine, stew the apples till tender and mushy.
- Force through a sieve.
- Add in the sugar and lemon peel.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and then carefully fold into the apple mix.
- Fill the whole into a buttered ovenproof dish (Jena Glass*), dust with 2 Tbsp.
- sugar, and slowly bake at 250 degrees F for about half an hour.
- Serves 4.
- ((*Note: Jena Glass is similar to Pyrex.