AMIEs BANANA Muffins with Cream Cheese frosting
- 200 grams baking flour
- 8 grams baking powder
- 80 grams sifted sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 150 ml fresh milk
- 150 grams plain yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sugar sprinkles (optional)
- 100 grams softened butter
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1 ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 200AsC.
- Put 12 paper cases in a muffin tin.
- Mash the banana (puree) with the lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix well together.
- Add the sugar, oil, milk and yogurt, stirring continously until blended.
- Put the egg and whisk together.
- Add the banana puree and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until 2/3 full.
- Scatter the sugar sprinkles on top of each cake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, put the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat together.
- Gently stir in the icing sugar.
- Spoon the icing on top of each cake.
- When ready to serve, slice the bananas and put 2 or 3 slices on top.
- Sprinkle over a little ground cinnamon.