AMIEs Orange and Almond Muffins
- 2 oranges, small and thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 300 grams ground almonds
- 2 thin skinned oranges, medium
- 50 grams softened butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cook the oranges in a saucepan covered completely with cold water for 30 minutes.
- When cool, chop the oranges and remove seeds.
- Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 180AsC.
- Cream butter and brown sugar, until syrupy.
- Spoon the butter mixture into 12 muffin tins and put slices of oranges in the bottom.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy and thick.
- Fold in orange mixture, baking powder and ground almonds, stirring well until well blended.
- Spoon into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Let it cool in the tin for 15 minutes.
- When done, quickly invert the muffin tin and lift off gently.
- Pick up any orange slices that may have remained in the tin and place on top of the appropriate muffin.