Arugula and Corn Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and White Beans
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 3 cups baby or wild arugula
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 1/2 cups (1 can) cooked white beans, such as cannellini or navy beans, rinsed if using canned beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 small garlic clove, pureed or put through a press
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Steam corn for 4 to 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and cut kernels off cob.
- Combine with arugula in a large bowl.
- Remove seeds and membranes from roasted peppers and cut in 2-inch strips.
- Place in another bowl.
- Add beans, chives and basil and toss together.
- Whisk together vinegars, salt, garlic, mustard, and olive oil.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of the dressing and toss the rest with beans and peppers.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes and for up to 3 days (in the refrigerator).
- Toss remaining dressing with arugula and corn.
- Line salad plates or a platter with arugula and corn mixture.
- Top with peppers and beans.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan, and serve.