Arugula And Prosciutto Tortilla Pizzas Recipe
- A, (1/4-lb.) piece of prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 2/3 c.)
- 1 med Red onion, minced fine (about 1 c.)
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bn , arugula, coarse stems discarded and the rest washed well, spun dry, and minced (about 2 c.) Four, (8 1/2-inch) flour tortillas
- 2/3 c. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (about 3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium heavy skillet cook prosciutto and onion in oil over moderate heat, stirring, till onion is softened.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in arugula and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange flour tortillas on 2 baking sheets and top with arugula mix and Parmesan.
- Bake pizzas on upper and lower racks of oven, switching positions of baking sheets halfway through baking, till edges are golden brown, about 10 min.
- Serves 4 as an entree or possibly 8 to 10 as an hors d'oeuvre.