Almond Bread Abm Recipe
- BREAD MACHINE BAKERY B
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 x Egg
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 x 8oz. can almond paste, cut into about 1/8-inch slices.
- 2 1/2 c. ALL-PURPOSE flour (not bread flour)
- 2 Tbsp. Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp =TO= 1/2 t salt to taste
- 2 tsp Active dry yeast GLAZE:
- 1 tsp Dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp Hot water Slivered almonds for garnish
- Unless the instructions which came with your ABM call for putting the yeast in the pan first and incorporating the liquid ingredients last, pour the lowfat milk into the baking pan of your ABM and break in the egg.
- If the butter is not soft, cut it into small chunks to ensure its blending into the dough, then add in it to the liquids.
- Next add in the almond paste, slicced so it will blend better too.
- Measure in the flour, brown sugar, and salt, and add in the yeast as directed for your bread maker.
- You can use your machine's full cycle with this bread, but the quick cycle is better.
- If a light color setting is available, use it as well.
- As soon as the bread has finished baking, remove it from the machine, closing the cover again, and ease the loaf from the pan.
- Combine the corn syrup and hot water and brush the top of the loaf with this mix, using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds over the glaze, put the bread gently back in its pan, and return it to the electronic oven for a few min to dry the glaze a bit.
- FROM THE RECIPE COLLECTION OF SUZY.Q
- Also see Atari Bread 1004