Apple Caramel Pie
- 2 cups flour
- 23 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 -6 tablespoons ice water
- 6 cups jonamac apples, peeled and sliced
- 12 cup sugar
- 14 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 14 vanilla caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- To Make Crust:.
- Cut shortening into flour until fine crumbs form.
- Add salt.
- Mix in water.
- Rollout into 2-9 inch crusts.
- Combine sliced apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter.
- Spoon half into pastry lined pie dish and spread evenly.
- Melt caramels with water in top of double boiler.
- Drizzle over apples.
- Spoon remaining apple mixture over caramel layer.
- Place second crust over apples and crimp edges to seal.
- Bake 45 minutes in 425 oven.
- Cover edge of crust with foil if it browns to quickly.