Amaranth Crepes In Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1 tsp Honey or possibly maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted Or possibly- vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. Lowfat milk, soymilk, or possibly water
- 1/3 c. AM Amaranth Flour
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt (optional)
- 1 c. Water
- 1/4 c. Honey or possibly maple syrup
- 1/4 c. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Arrowroot pwdr Or possibly- cornstarch
- 1 tsp Finely grated lemon peel
- Beat Large eggs in blender; add in other liquids, then flour and salt.
- Heat small skillet.
- Oil lightly.
- Put 1-1/2 Tbsp.
- butter in pan and tip to spread over surface.
- Add in 1/2 c. batter.
- Turn crepe and bake other side.
- Fill cooked crepe with bananas or possibly whipped tofu; roll up and cover with sauce.
- Crepe Filling: Sliced bananas or possibly whipped tofu (see Golden brown Amaranth Short Cake recipe)
- Crepe Sauce: Combine ingredients (except lemon peel) in a saucepan; stir and simmer over medium heat till clear and slightly thick; remove from heat and stir in peel.