Andalusian Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb new potato, scrubbed
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 med tomato, minced
- 1/2 c. spanish onion, minced or possibly 1/2 c. any sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 c. green olives, pitted
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 20 to 25 min till just tender but not broken up.
- Drain well.
- Return potatoes to pot over low heat for 1 to 2 min, shaking pot gently to dry potatoes slightly.
- Set aside till cold sufficient to handle but not completely cooled In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper till well combined.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch pcs, removing any skin which peels off Add in potatoes, tomatoes, onion and olives to extra virgin olive oil mix.
- Toss gently.
- Let salad cold to room temperature before serving.