Alexs Dixie Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds, 3-13 ounces, weight Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2-18 ounces, weight Sweet Chili Thai Sauce
- 3-58 ounces, weight Thai Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 3-58 ounces, weight Butter, Cut In Small Pieces
- 1 clove Garlic Finely Chopped (optional)
- Clean and pat dry your wings and cut any tips.
- Mix the flour with the black pepper and coat the wings.
- Deep fry them in hot oil or in a skillet., until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- To prepare the sauce, mix the sweet chili sauce and the sriracha in a small pan.
- Heat until it almost boils.
- Remove from heat and add in the butter and whisk energetically.
- The sauce will turn creamy and lighter in color.
- Optionally, if you want to give it more zing, you can add the finely chopped garlic to the sauce at the same time you mixed the chili and sriracha sauce.
- Transfer your chicken wings to a large bowl and pour the hot sauce over the wings.
- Toss until the wings are well coated.
- Serve warm.
- As a side note, this sauce also works wonderfully with other dishes, like deep fried fish, onion rings or even roasted potatoes.
- Also, I purposely didnt add any salt to this recipe because the chili sauces are pretty salty already.