Apple Crumble Slice
- 1 x 350g packet Sultana Buttercake cake mix
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 cup fruit mince Safeway 1 lb For $0.79 thru 02/09
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 500g tub PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Combine the cake mix and butter, mix well.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the base of a greased deep 20cm square cake pan.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes or until pale and golden.
- Combine the fruit mince, apple and brandy, spread over cooled base.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together until smooth, then pour over fruit.
- Mix remaining cake mix with the coconut and almond to form a topping and sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake at 180C for 1 hour until set.
- Chill before slicing.