Almond And Wild Rice Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 c. uncooked wild rice
- 5 c. chicken stock
- 3 x chicken breasts -- bones and skin removed
- 3 x scallions -- sliced
- 1 x juice of 1/2 lemon salt and pepper
- 1 x red pepper -- seeded and diced
- 2 ounce snow peas -- cut diagonally
- 1 c. almond slivers -- toasted
- 6 x radicchio c. made of several leaves each Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. almond oil
- 1/4 tsp grnd allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 c. minced almonds
- 6 ounce blue cheese -- crumbled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse wild rice; place in a medium saucepan with stock; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook for 30 min.
- Add in the chicken breasts and scallions and cook another 15 min, turning chicken pcs occasionally.
- Drain; remove chicken to cold.
- Season rice with lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Set aside to cold.
- Make dressing: Heat 1 Tbsp.
- of oil in a medium skillet and add in the spices and the minced almonds, stirring for 3-5 min till the spices are fragrant.
- Transfer to a shaker jar and add in the rest of the oil and other dressing ingredients.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Put the rice in a large bowl; fluffing it.
- Add in the red pepper, snow peas and the toasted almond slivers.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pcs and add in to the rice.
- Combine most of the dressing with the rice-chicken mix-save a little to drizzle on the radicchio c..
- Place radicchio c. on individual salad plates, filling each with the rice-chicken mix; drizzle with the remainder of the dressing.
- Garnish with additional almond slivers, red peppers and blue cheese, if you like.