Artichoke Prosciutto Gratin Recipe
- 2 can artichoke hearts - (14 ounce ea) liquid removed, quartered
- 6 ounce thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1 1/2 c. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 c. pine nuts - (abt 2 ounce) toasted
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage
- Pat quartered artichoke hearts dry with paper towels.
- Cut each prosciutto slice crosswise in half.
- Wrap each artichoke heart quarter in halved prosciutto slice.
- Place wrapped artichoke hearts in single layer in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Pour cream over.
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola, pine nuts, Parmesan, and sage.
- Bake till gratin is bubbling and sauce thickens, about 25 min.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe yields 12 first-course servings.
- Comments: Carol Waddington of Cumberland, Rhode Island, writes: "I recently attended a function which was catered by Downcity Food + Cocktails of Providence, Rhode Island.
- The appetizer buffet was incredible - I especially enjoyed the scrumptious artichoke hors d'oeuvre."
- Serve this with crusty bread to soak up some of the creamy cooking juices.