Annie Mae Jones' Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, or yams mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add potatoes and mix thoroughly, then add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Place squares not touching on ungreased baking sheet bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 mimutes.
- Serve warm, split, and spread with room-temperature butter.