Alfredo Gnocchi With Peas, Mushrooms and Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 pounds Bacon, Chopped
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 ounces, weight Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 cups White Wine
- 10 ounces, weight Frozen Peas, Thawed
- 2 bags Frozen Gnocchi (1 Pound Bag)
- 15 ounces, fluid Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- Optional For Garnish: Grated Parmesan And Fresh Parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil while you start on the next steps.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, add bacon.
- Once bacon renders its fat, add the onion.
- Cook until bacon begins to crisp and onions soften.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease.
- Into the pan with the bacon and onion, add garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Let cook until moisture almost all absorbed (about 3 minutes).
- Pour in 1/2 cup white wine and bring up to fast bubble.
- Add the bag of thawed and drained peas and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Heat through.
- Into the pot of boiling water, add the frozen gnocchi.
- Allow to cook until gnocchi begins to float to the top of the water, or according to package instructions.
- When its done, drain the gnocchi in a colander reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Then put the drained gnocchi back into the pot.
- Mix alfredo sauce, gnocchi and reserved pasta water until thoroughly combined.
- Add veggie mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley!