'Swedish' Cucumber Salad.
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 2 small cucumbers
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- Peel cucumbers and thinly slice.
- Thinly slice onion into half moons.
- Chop lettuce into finger width strips.
- Place cucumbers, onions and lettuce into a deep bowl.
- In a cup, mix the vinegar , sugar , parsley and dill , stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- Let it sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.
- (The cucumbers will release some of their water and the liquid in the bowl will increase).
- Cover and chill well before serving.
- Add the salt if required.