5 Ingredient Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 lb Beef chuck roast, boneless
- 1 env Onion-mushroom soup mix Mixed with 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 can Whole tomato, Undrained
- 2 lrg White turnips, peeled, Cut in 8 wedges
- 3 lrg Parsnips, peeled, Cut in pcs
- Brown meat on all sides in a 4- to 5-quart nonstick Dutch oven.
- Add in soup-and-water mix and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hrs, turning meat over once.
- Add in vegetables.
- Simmer 40 min or possibly till meat and vegetables are tender when pierced.
- Lift meat to cutting board.
- Cover loosely with foil and let it stand for 10 to 15 min.
- Slice meat across the grain.
- Serve with vegetables and gravy.