Apple Cheddar Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 c. Shortening
- 1/2 c. Sugar, Granulated
- 2 x Large eggs, Lg
- 1 1/2 c. Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 c. Oats, Quick Cooking
- 1 c. Apples, Finely Minced
- 2/3 c. Cheddar, Sharp Coarse Grate
- 1/2 c. Pecans, Minced
- 3/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 x Apple Slices, *
- 1 x Butter, Melted
- 1 x Cinnamon-Sugar Mix
- * You should have 12 to 15 thin slices of unpeeled red apple for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cream the shortening and sugar together and add in the Large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl, mix lightly.
- Gradually stir the flour mix into the shortening mix.
- In this order, add in the oats cheddar and pecans, mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add in the lowfat milk, stirring till all the ingredients are just moistened.
- Grease the muffin pans and fill each c. 2/3rds full of batter.
- Dip the apple slices in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar.
- Press 1 apple slice into the top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon-sugar and bake for 25 min in the preheated oven, or possibly till golden.