Adrienne's Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 ounces nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup margarine (depending on the health alert of the week) or 1 cup butter (depending on the health alert of the week)
- In small mixing bowl, beat 5 egg whites until high and stiff, place in the refrigerator.
- In large mixing bowl, mix up everything but the chocolate chips (use an electric mixer.
- Wait until mixture is well blended and then add the chips.
- Then, mix in the egg whites by hand using a spatula.
- Be gentle.
- Pour the entire mixture in a bundt pan, well greased up with something like Pam original with flour-I find that works best.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour, the testing stick should come out slightly damp.
- Place cake on a cooling rack, still right side up in bundt pan.
- After 20 minutes, turn over onto the serving platter and let cool.
- Any mistakes can be covered up with powdered sugar.
- Avoid drafts-it can fall.
- This cake's prep time is only 15 minutes and it serves a lot of people.