Antipasto Pasta Salad from Good Cheap Eats
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 14 cups sliced olives
- 1 cup chopped red and green bell pepper
- 15 ounces can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces hard salami, cut into strips
- 14 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 13 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 14 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 12 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 12 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water, according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the cooked noodles in a large bowl and add the olives, pepper, garbanzo beans, salami, onion, cheese, and parsley.
- In a small dish combine the vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, and sugar.
- Stir in the olive oil and blend well.
- Add the dressing to the pasta mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.