Alex's Dixie Chicken Wings Recipe alexzeevy
- 1 kg chicken wings, cleaned, tips cut
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Frying oil
- 100 g of Sriracha hot sauce
- 60 g of sweet chili thai sauce
- 100 g of butter , cut into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic chopped finely (optional)
- Clean and pat dry your wings and cut any tips.
- Mix the flour with the black pepper and coat the wings.
- Deep fry them in hot oil or in a skillet., until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- To prepare the sauce, mix the sweet chili sauce and the Sriracha in a small pan.
- heat until it almost boils.
- Remove from heat and add in the butter and whisk energetically.
- The sauce will turn creamy and lighter in color.
- Transfer your chicken wings to a large bowl and pour the hot sauce.
- Toss until the wings are well coated.
- Serve warm.
- Optionally, if you want to give it more zing, you can add finely chopped garlic to the sauce, at the same time you mixed the chili and sriracha sauce.
- As a side note, this sauce also works wonderfully with other dishes, like deep fried fish, onion rings or even roasted potatoes.