30-Minute Beef Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 each onions cut in strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 each sweet red bell peppers chopped
- 1 each green bell peppers chopped
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 4 each flour tortillas 10 inch
- 23 cups sour cream, light
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add beef and salsa; cook, breaking up beef with back of spoon, for about 3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Add peppers and zucchini; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp and liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; heat in 350F (180C) 180C oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Stir sour cream with mustard.
- Divide beef mixture among tortillas and roll up.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.
- 4 servings for less than $9.
- Per Serving: about 545 calories, 31 g protein, 25 g fat, 49 g carbohydrate, good source calcium, excellent source iron