1989 1st Place: Melt Aways Recipe
- 1 c. Unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 c. Sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 21/4 c. Sifted cake flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 c. Minced pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- Baking Time: 7 min per batch
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Sift flour and salt together and gradually stir into butter mix.
- Stir in minced pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake till peaks are very light brown, about 7 min.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- While still hot (but not warm), use a sifter to sprinkle generously with confectioners' sugar.
- The cookies are slightly sweet and very buttery, so they heat in your mouth.