Artichoke Wraps with Three-Veggie Slaw
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs. plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. minced red onion
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 5 (9- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 medium carrots, shredded ( 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
- 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 13 cup tahini
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 medium clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 to 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 18 to 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Make artichoke spread: In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and 2 tablespoons water.
- Process until mixture is almost smooth but retains some texture and is slightly thicker than hummusif necessary, add more water by teaspoon to thin.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Set aside or refrigerate if not using right away.
- In medium bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, yogurt, parsley, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In large skillet, warm each tortilla over medium heat just until soft and flexible, about 1 minute per side.
- Spread some artichoke mixture over each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Top with cabbage mixture, dividing equally.
- Fold bottom end of tortilla partially over filling, then roll into a bundle and serve.