Asian Simple Spicy Sauteed Green Beans
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh minced on a microplane
- 18 teaspoon salt
- 1 x black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional) or add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- Toast your sesame seeds.
- Either in a pan or at 300F (150C) in your toaster oven.
- Mix together sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chili garlic sauce and cayenne pepper (if using) and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add the raw green beans and saute (stirring frequently) for a few minutes until beginning to develop some colour.
- Add salt and a few grindings of black peppers.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes until the green beans have turned green and are just beginning to cook through.
- Remove the cover and allow the water to evaporate.
- Add the combination of sesame oil and spices (sesame oil, ginger mix set aside earlier) and combine well.
- Saute for 2 to 4 minutes until the green beans are crisp tender.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds on top.
- This recipe can be easily doubled and you may have to since they gobble them up mighty quickly.