Asian/Oriental Cabbage Salad
- 3 -4 cups finely sliced cabbage
- 12 cup shredded carrot
- 12 cup green onion, sliced
- 14 cup celery, diced
- 34 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 13 cup peanut oil (vegetable oil can be substituted)
- 13 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 12 tablespoons soy sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced candied ginger
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage, onions, carrots, green onions and celery.
- Melt butter in small sauce pan and saute almonds and sesame seeds until golden brown (watch carefully as they will quickly burn).
- Remove from heat and add, sugar, oils, vinegar, soy sauce and minced ginger.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour dressing over vegetables.
- Sprinkle noodles on top and serve.