15-Minute Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Smash garlic cloves with flat side of a knife and add to oil with pepper flakes.
- Cook until garlic is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt, bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low-heat until slightly thickened, 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Can be stored in refrigerator up to 1 week, or frozen.