Artichoke And Mushroom Lasagne Recipe
- 225 gm onions
- 1 1/10 kg mixed mushrooms eg brown cap and button
- 397 gm can artichoke hearts in water
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clv garlic
- 25 gm walnuts
- 125 gm cherry tomatoes
- 50 gm butter plus extra for greasing
- 50 gm plain flour
- 1 1/10 lt full fat lowfat milk
- 2 x bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 200 gm fresh chilled lasagne
- 75 gm freshly grated parmesan cheese fresh oregano to garnish Peel and roughly chop the onions and mushrooms. Drain and halve the artichokes.
- In a large ovenproof pan fry the onions gently in the oil for 1 minute then transfer to the simmering ovenuntil soft Add in the crushed garlic and walnuts and fry for 3 to 4 min.
- Stir in the mushrooms and fry bnskly on the boiling platefor 5 - 10 min till no liquid is left.
- Add in the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan on the simmering plate add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the lowfat milk till you have a smooth mix.
- Bring to the boil add in bay leaves cover and place in the simmering ovenfor 10 min.
- Add in lemon juice and season.
- Throw away the bay leaves.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish and layer one third of the lasagne over the base.
- Spoon half the mushroom mix over then half the artichokes.
- Cover with a layer of lasagne and half the sauce.
- Spoon remaining mushroom mix over then remaining artichokes.
- Top with remaining lasagne.
- Stir the parmesan into the remaining sauce and spoon proportionately over the top.
- Place the dish in a roasting tin and set on the bottom runners of the roasting ovenfor 40 yp 55 min till the pasta is tender and the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Garnish with oregano.
- aga tip: if the lasagne browns too quickly place the cool plain shelf above on the second runners for the final 10 to 15 min and turn the dish around if the back is darker than the front.
- This variation on a classic lasagne is perfect for vegetarian guests and is also very quick to prepare.
- Served with a mixed green salad this makes a good supper dish.
- Serves 4