Apple Sour Cream Cake Recipe
- 1/2 c. Walnuts, minced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 2 whl Large eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 c. Apples, finely minced
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 c. Evaporated Lowfat milk, warm
- Combine nuts, cinnamon and 1/2 c. sugar in small bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and 1 c. sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in flour, lowfat sour cream, Large eggs, baking pwdr, baking soda and vanilla.
- Beat for 3 min.
- Prepare the apples (peeled) and set aside.
- Grease and lightly flour a fluted cake pan.
- Spread half the batter in pan; sprinkle with half the nut mix, then minced apples.
- Sprinkle remaining nut mix over apples then spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 min or possibly till cake begins to pull away from sides of pan.
- Make glaze by putting all ingredients in blender (make sure lowfat milk is warm) covering and processing on high till sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Cold cake slightly on rack then remove from pan.
- Drizzle the glaze over cake.
- Yields: about 12-16servings.