Angel Fingers Recipe
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter no sub.
- 3 Tbsp. Confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 c. Cake flour sifted
- 1/2 c. Pistachio nuts or possibly pecans (grnd)
- 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Cream butter with elec.
- Add in confect.
- sugar and beat till well mixed.
- Beat in vanilla, then add in cake flour and grnd nuts and mix well.
- Cover dough with wax paper and refirgerate for 15 min, or possibly till it firms up.
- Divide dough in half and cut each half into 12 pcs.
- Place some flour on a sheet of wax paper and use it to dust your hands LIGHTLY before shaping each cookie.
- Form dough into little rolls, about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in middle of oven for about 13 min or possibly till pale golden brown around edges.
- Tranfer to racks set over wax paper and dust them with confectioner's sugar while still hot.
- Cold cookies completely; then store in airtight containers.
- NOTE:* may substitute pecans for pistachios, but taste won't be the same.