Almond Praline Chocolate Upside Down Cake Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter
- 1/3 c. Packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Half-and-half or possibly light cream
- 1/4 c. Coarsely minced almonds or possibly pecans
- 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking Pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter, softened
- 1 x Egg or possibly
- 1 x Egg white
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Whipped cream or possibly vanilla ice cream
- For syrup, in a small saucepan heat the margarine or possibly butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar and half-and-half or possibly light cream.
- Cook and stir just until blended.
- Pour syrup into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan or possibly divide between two 10-oz custard c.. Sprinkle almonds or possibly pecans proportionately over the syrup.
- Set pan or possibly custard c. aside.
- For batter, in a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa pwdr, baking pwdr, and baking soda.
- Add in lowfat milk, margarine or possibly butter, egg or possibly egg white, and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed about 30 seconds or possibly until combined.
- Beat on medium to high speed for 1 minute.
- Gently pour or possibly spoon the batter over the syrup and nuts in the pan or possibly custard c..
- If using custard c., place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 min or possibly until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cold on a wire rack for 5 min.
- Loosen sides and invert the cake onto a plate.
- Serve cake hot with whipped cream or possibly ice cream.
- Serves 4.