Apple Bran Loaf
- 1-1/2 cups wheat bran high-fiber cereal
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix cereal, raisins, margarine and hot water in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Stir applesauce, egg and vanilla into cereal mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Pour into 9x5-inch loaf pan which has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.