Apfelpfannkuchen (Apple Pancakes) Recipe
- 4 x apples, Granny Smith
- 3/4 c. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (caster)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, grnd
- 2/3 c. flour, plain
- 2 tsp sugar (caster)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- *BatterSift together the flour, sugar, and the salt.
- Beat Large eggs and lowfat milk together.
- Gradually add in flour mix; beat till smooth.
- *Apples:Peel, core and slice apples.
- Saute/fry apples in 1/2 of butter till tender.
- Mix sugar and the cinnamon together; toss with apples.
- *To cook:Heat some butter in a 6-inch diameter, deep frypan.
- Pour in the batter to a depth of about 1/4-inch.
- When set, place 1/4 of the apples on top; cover with more batter.
- Fry pancake till lightly browned on both sides.
- Keep hot.
- Repeat the procedure till all batter and apples are used.
- Serve immediately.