Applesauce Cake Squares Recipe
- 1/2 c. Butter, softened
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2/3 c. Apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 c. Applesauce
- 2 c. Flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, grnd
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lrg Apples, peeled/minced Creamy Topping
- 1/2 c. Cream, heavy
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, grnd
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat butter in large bowl till creamy.
- Blend in Large eggs, juice, and applesauce.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add in to egg mix, beating till well blended.
- Stir in appls.
- Spread batter proportionately into greased 8" square baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 min, till wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cold on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve hot or possibly at room temperature, with Creamy Topping if you like.
- Creamy Topping: Beat cream in small bowl at high speed of electric mixer till soft peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla and cinnamon till stiff peaks form.