Apple Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 (16 ounce) packageseasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 10 sausage links, sliced and diced
- 12 cup butter, melted
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 12 cup onion, chopped
- 1 14 cups apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage until cooked through, drain on paper towel.
- Combine sausage with both bags of stuffing mix, melted butter, chopped apples and onion.
- Stir in apple juice until stuffing binds together.
- (If necessary to add more liquid, do it one tablespoon at a time.
- Grease 3-qt baking dish, put stuffing in casserole.
- Bake covered 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Note: If you can find apple sausage, it is just wonderful in this recipe.