Asian Marinated Beef Strips on a Skewer W/Thai Hot and Sweet Dip
- 1 12 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 13 cup soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (for beef)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced gingerroot
- wooden skewer, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 12 cup cider vinegar or 12 cup distilled white vinegar
- 12 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large garlic cloves, mashed to paste with pinch of salt (for sauce)
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- Trim excess fat from steak; slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- Combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients in a glass dish; add steak strips, and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove steak strips from marinade, reserving marinade.Thread steak strips onto prepared skewers.
- Grill, uncovered over medium-hot coals (350F to 400F / 175C to 205C) 8 to 9 minutes or until desired doneness, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- for sauce In a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir garlic paste and red pepper flakes into vinegar.
- Serve sauce at room temperature.