Apple Cheddar Walnut Toasts
- 12 slices whole wheat french bread, thin slices (narrow kind)
- 1 tart apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 cup walnut pieces
- 1 dash black pepper, to garnish
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly on both sides under the broiler.
- Remove toast from broiler and place 2 apple slices on each toast.
- Mound the cheese on top.
- Press the walnut pieces into the cheese.
- Now return to the broiler until cheese and walnuts are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!