Almond Cookies #2
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 each eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup almonds sliced, toasted
- 1 x powdered sugar
- Beat butter in mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Beat in sugar, then egg.
- Beat in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Stir in almonds.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with 2 1/4 inch round cutter.
- Bake on buttered baking sheets at 375~ 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste.