Angel Cake With Pineapple Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1 pkt White Angel-Food Cake Mix (14.5 oz size)
- 1/2 tsp Grnd Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Grnd Nutmeg Pineapple-Orange Sauce (recipe follows) Orange Twists, (opt.)
- 1 can Unsweetened Pineapple Chunks (15 1/4-oz size)
- 1 tsp Orange Rind, grated
- 3/4 c. Unsweetened Orange Juice
- 1/4 c. Cointreau, or possibly other orange flavored liqueur
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch PLUS
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Grnd Cardamom
- 1 can Unsweetened Mandarin Oranges thawed (11-oz size)
- CAKE: Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding cardamom and nutmeg to batter; bake according to package directions.
- Invert pan on funnel or possibly bottle till cake is completely cooled.
- (Approximately 2 hrs.)
- Loosen cake from sides of pan, using a small metal spatula.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve with 1/4 c. of Pineapple-Orange Sauce; garnish with orange twists, if you like.
- PINEAPPLE-ORANGE SAUCE: Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Combine juice and next 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till clear and thickened.
- Stir in pineapple and oranges; cook till warm.