After the Holiday Scones, Aka Cranberry Sauce Scones
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 12 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 teaspoon ground cloves
- 14 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold
- 12 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 12 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg, large
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice
- 14 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 18 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 116 teaspoon ground ginger
- 116 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425F Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside if not using a Silpat silicone baking liner.
- Combine flour, sugar, and spices in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry knife, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and no chunks of butter are obvious.
- Stir in nuts and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cranberry sauce, orange juice, and egg.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into 10 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Scones should be a light brown.
- Remove scones from oven to wire rack.
- Let cool about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Adjusting the orange juice to get to the desired glaze consistency (too thin and it runs / too thick and it globs), spread glaze over each scone and dry about 20-30 minutes before serving.