Ann Cooper's Apple Pancakes With Maple Pecan Butter Recipe
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 c. Buttermilk
- 1/4 c. Butter, melted
- 1 3/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c. Minced tart red apples (peeled)
- 1 c. Butter, softened
- 3/4 c. Minced pecans
- 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- Make Maple Pecan Butter.
- In small mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed till light.
- Add in pecans; mix well.
- Gradually beat in syrup.
- Set aside while making pancakes.
- For Apple Pancakes: In medium bowl lightly beat Large eggs with wire whisk.
- Add in buttermilk and melted butter and whisk till smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix only till moistened.
- Stir in apples.
- Heat large non-stick griddle or possibly skillet till warm.
- Heat a little of the butter on griddle till bubbly but not brown.
- For each pancake, spoon about 1/4 c. batter onto griddle.
- Cook till bubbles form and edges are cooked.
- Turn and cook till second side is golden brown.
- Keep pancakes hot on platter in 200 degree oven while preparing remaining batter.
- Serve hot with Maple Pecan Butter.
- Yield: 16 to 18 (4-inch) pancakes.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake