Apple Brown Lennie
- 10 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 12 cups flour
- 34 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 cup soft butter
- 23 cup packed brown sugar
- 14 cup hot water
- lemon, juice of
- Make topping first: In a mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Then make syrup: Combine syrup ingredients in a small bowl and stir well; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12x8 baking pan.
- Peel, core and slice 10-12 medium-sized baking apples (use 12 if they're kind of small or you use a 13x9 pan), preferably Northern Spy.
- Arrange apple slices in bottom of pan and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Drizzle with half the syrup, cover with all the topping mixture, then drizzle the remaining syrup over top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.