Apple Pecan Upside Down Pie Recipe
- 1 c. minced pecans
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c. butter melted
- 1 x (15 ounce ) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 6 c. thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 x teas cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- In 9" pie pan, combine pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread proportionately over bottom of pan.
- Prepare piecrust according to directions for 2 crust pie, placing bottom crust over pecan mix in pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In large bowl combine apples, sugar, flour cinnamon and nutmeg: mix lightly.
- Spoon into crust lined pan.
- Top with remaining crust.
- Press together to seal, flute edges.
- Make slits on top crust.
- Bake for 40-50 min or possibly till apples are tender and crusts deep golden.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15-20 min of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cold pie upright in pan for 5 min.
- Place serving plate over pie; invert.
- Carefully remove pan.
- Some nuts may remain in pan; replace on pie.
- Cold at least 1 hour before serving.