"Korean" Carrot Salad
- 2 lb carrots
- 1/2 each onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic chopped
- 1/3 tsp coriander powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 salt
- 1 cayenne pepper (optional)
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Mandolin slicer is best to be used for this recipe.
- Add salt, pepper, mix well.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot.
- May want to use sesame oil for more flavour but any vegetable oil will do.
- Add chopped onion and coriander powder.
- Immediately turn heat to low.
- Saute onion until translucent and very soft and partially golden in color.
- (If you browned the onion, it is overdone and can't go into this recipe.)
- When onion is done turn off the heat, add chopped garlic.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Pour hot oil, garlic and onion mixture into the carrots.
- Mix well.
- You may want to use you hands to squize carrots with oil.
- Let cool down for about an hour before serving.
- Can be made a day ahead.
- Will keep in the fridge for quite a few days.