Angel Hair with Roasted Tomatoes and Fontina Cheese
- 1 pound Campari Tomatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic, Left In Their Skins
- 18 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt And Pepper
- 1/4 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus More To Roast Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cups White Wine
- 1/2 pounds Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/2 cups Pasta Water
- 3/4 cups Shredded Fontina Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve your tomatoes and arrange them skin side up on a foil-lined baking sheet with the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Carefully toss so they are covered with oil and vinegar, making sure to leave them with their skin side up before roasting them in the oven.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove tomato skins carefully with tongs.
- They should pop right off.
- Remove garlic from their skins as well.
- The garlic should squeeze right out and be nice and soft.
- Set them aside on the baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil with butter.
- Once melted together, add garlic cloves and break them up in the oil with a wooden spoon.
- Let the garlic infuse the oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the tomatoes along with all of the juices from the baking sheet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring heat up to medium high and add white wine.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to directions for al dente.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain.
- Add pasta to a bowl and add in tomato sauce with pasta water.
- Toss in fontina cheese until melted.