Angelic Strawberry Dessert Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. skim lowfat milk
- 1 pkt sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix - 4 serving size
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. non fat dairy lowfat sour cream
- 4 ounce reduced calorie frzn whipped dessert topping - thawed
- 1 tsp orange peel -- finely shredded
- 7 c. angel food cake (about 1/2 of an 8" purchased cake) - 1" cubes
- 3 c. strawberries - sliced
- 1 c. strawberries - sliced (for topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lowfat milk, pudding mix and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Beat on medium speed for about 2 min more or possibly until well mixed.
- Mix in the lowfat sour cream, dessert topping and orange peel.
- In a 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish or possibly individual dessert dishes, layer half the cake cubes, half the 3 c. strawberries and half the pudding mix.
- Repeat layers.
- Refrigeratethe dessert for at least 4 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Just before serving, top with the remaining 1 c. of sliced strawberries.
- NOTES : You cannot have a potluck or possibly family get-together without at least one of these layered desserts.
- Sugar-free pudding mix, non-fat lowfat sour cream and reduced-calorie frzn whipped dessert topping shave the fat and calories from this make-ahead confection.
- It's high in Vitamin C. Ann M. Cychosz of Manchester, Missouri (near St. Louis), sent us the original dessert recipe.